“We hope to discover new talents, methods and ideas; and to encourage development in the field of information security. It is our hope that besides discovering gifted hackers and cyber-defenders, the CyberXchange 2016 Hack-a-thon will inspire the development of West Africa’s Information security professionals of the future”. Facebook said.
Apart from exposing yourself to a competition of a like minded across Nigeria, if you are wondering what is in for you, we can boast that, there will be exposure, alots of prizes to be won, and the ability to forge a team to create a new Facebook that will not force someone to download messenger before you can communicate or send a private message with or to your friends.
Facebook present in Nigeria technology have been more visible lately, not quiet long, the Facebook free internet was launched in Nigeria in collaboration with Airtel, the partnership was in line with Facebook mission to make free internet available to the poor communities all over the world with some hidden cost to the neutrality of internet
The process to register for the 2016 Hackathon in Nigeria sponsored by Facebook and very easy according to the people who have shown the interest in this first of its kind in our soul in Lagos. The process below and dates should be your guide to avoid coming late to this exciting programme
How To Register For Hackathon Cyberxchange 2016 In Nigeria
- Interested participants are to visit Hackathon cyberxchanger competition website at www.cyberxchange.com
- Click on the Hack-a-thon registration page to register
- Enter your details and you will instantly receive an email
- Follow the link in your e-mail to answer the pre-qualification questions
- You will be contacted once you qualify for the finale
- The pre-qualifier registration closes August 30th. Notifications to those who are accepted will be sent out by end of day on September 24th. The final competition will hold on November 2nd-3rd 2016 at the Landmark event Center Lagos.
- Qualifiers will be required to start brainstorming ideas & form a team of up to 4 people. Refreshments, fun diversions, prizes, and some expert guidance from Facebook’s team of experts will be provided. What participants needs to bring along with thme into the Hackathon competition 2016 is a laptop, appetite, skills and ideas. Judges include; Regina Wallace-Jones Head of Security Operations Facebook, popular Nigerian celebrity, Eldee amongt others
Hack-a-thon is a competition geared towards finding the best prototypes by starting from scratch to build a workable idea with the help of collaborating colleagues on their teams. This event tests the skills of the brightest and best within programming, cyber security, information assurance, security engineer, and other IT fields within teams of 4 to 6 people.