Nowadays, it is very heartening that startup’s are being encouraged to continue to pursue their dreams and solve as many problems as they could. This is as 500 startups, a venture capital firm that provides funds to companies in their early stages, begins to receive applications for its 22nd batch.
READ MORE: Apply For Lagos Startup Dealday 2 2017
The 500 startups seed program is set to take place in San Francisco, starting from the 24th of July 2017.
The program runs for four months and holds a lots of benefits, which includes the below…
1. Gives access to a network of 1000+ founders, 200+ mentors, and the 500 startups staff, who will give guidance when needed.
2. Avails a rich curriculum focused on marketing, culture, startup accounting, product design, mobile, user testing, sales, and more.
3. Provides opportunities to build relationships and partnerships.
4. Sets aside a demo day reserved to pitch to investors.
5. You get $150,000 investment in return for 6% of your company.
Before now, it is quite appreciable that 500 Startups had invested in over 1,200 companies which includes Canva, Cleanify and Udemy.
Their biggest exits till this day include $403M acquisition of Makerbot by Stratasys, $350M acquisition of Wildfire by Google, $200M acquisition of Viki by Rakuten, and $117M acquisition of Simple by BBVA. Even Nigerian Printivo was in the 20th batch of this program.
And another good news is that they invest in all kinds of companies ranging from Consumer Commerce, Family, Tech and Education, Design, Cloud services, International / emerging markets, Food Tech, Digital Healthcare, Mobile + Tablet (IOS and Android), Payments and Financial services, IoT/Drones/Hardware, Fashion, Beauty and many more.
ARE YOU INTERESTED? APPLY HERE