It all seems like every available phone maker is gearing up towards the Consumer Electronics Show, CES 2017, which has started already. I wouldn’t blame them as it is a show with as enough publicity as they might be looking for, maybe more. However, ZTE corporation has not been left out in the going of things as they have also released specifications for what could pass as their flagship phone – maybe not -, the ZTE Blade V8.
The Chinese manufacturers have taken the step to release a phone with up to date features – I believe it would be fair to say that. You see, in some months to come, if you’re not making good use of the 4G LTE network, you might be termed to be living in the stone age. This could be as a result of the fact that every phone maker releasing a new phone presently would really love it to support the 4G LTE network. So tell me why you wouldn’t upgrade.
Well, all you can do now is to stay with me while we explore the world of the ZTE Blade V8. Lets roll.
TECHNOLOGY AND DESIGN
Firstly, as we earlier mentioned, the phone supports the 4G LTE which would be a major selling point given the whole rush about it. Thumbs up to ZTE for this. Away from that, the phone measures 8.4 mm * 71.5 mm * 7.7 mm, and has a weight of 141g. if you are like me, you’ll think the size of the screen is just fair as the ZTE Blade V8 has a display size of 5.2 inches. Any screen which can only boast of a less than 5.0 inches size doesn’t cut it for me. Also, its display resolution is pegged at 1920 * 1080 pixels (Full HD).
It is built with brushed metal body and runs on an Android Operating system v7.0 Nougat with MiFavor UI v4.0.
Read more; Reliance LYF Water 3 Price In Nigeria, India, Specs And Review
HARDWARE AND MEMORY
The ZTE Blade V8 has an Octa-core 64-bit Qualcomm Snapdragon 453 processor with a processor speed of 1.4GHz.
Talking about the RAM, it comes in three variants which are the 2 GB, 3 GB and 4 GB. The internal memory also comes in three variants which includes the 16 GB, the 32 GB and the 64 GB and all these can be expanded up to the capacity of 256 GB with the help of a micro SD card.
The sensors available include the Accelerometer, Light, Proximity, Fingerprint Sensor which is in its physical home button.
Read more; Innjoo Pro 2 Price In Nigeria, Kenya, Ghana, Specs And Review
This is one area where the ZTE Blade V8 really impressed me. I have also been clamoring for smartphones with the same camera quality on both the rear and the front camera. ZTE has done justice to that for me as the rear possesses two cameras of 13 MP and 2 MP while the front facing camera is pegged at 13 MP too. We can’t be discriminating selfie takers you know, I’m very sure they’ll love this.
Read more; Gionee M2017: See How Long Its 7000 mAh Battery Could Last You
Bluetooth is of v4.0 while it supports Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, and GPS with A-GPS, with micro-USB v2.0. As you would you expect, it still has the 3.5 mm audio jack, I never for once thought otherwise.
Read more; GIONEE M2017 UNVEILED! Full Specifications, Price In Nigeria, Kenya And Review
While the ZTE Blade V8 has been impressing me from the very beginning, it just got to the most important part and broke my heart with it 2,730 mAh non removable battery. I mean I can’t fall in love with any battery capacity less than 3000 mAh. In fact, if they can make it up to 7000 mAh, you’re welcome.
The battery does not support fast charge and power management is by Nougat’s Battery Saving mode.
Read more; Asus Zenfone Go 4.5 LTE Price In Nigeria, India, Kenya, China Specs And Review
Now, to the determinant of so many things, the ZTE Blade V8 is said to sell at about $399, which in Nigeria is around N159,000. I don’t know about you but ain’t doling out over N100,000 for a battery that sucks, how about you?
SUMMARY OF ZTE BLADE V8 SPECIFICATIONS
• 2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900.
• 3G: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100.
• 4G: LTE.
• SIM Type: Dual SIM (Nano SIM, Dual Standby).
• OS: Android 7.0 Nougat with MiFavor UI v4.0.
Design & Display
• Dimensions: 8.4 * 71.5 * 7.7 mm.
• Weight: 141g.
• Display size: 5.2 inches.
• Display Resolution: 1920 * 1080 pixels (Full HD).
• Display Technology: IPS LCD Capacitive touchscreen.
• Build: Brushed metal body.
• Form Factor: Touchscreen Bar.
• Colours: Pink.
• Processor Name/Technology: 64-bit Qualcomm Snapdragon 453.
• Processor Speed: 1.4GHz.
• Number of Processor Cores: Octa-core.
• Graphics Processor: Adreno 505.
• RAM: 2GB/3GB/4GB .
• Internal Storage: 16GB/32GB/64GB.
• External Storage: microSD, up to 256GB.
• Sensors: Accelerometer, Light, Proximity, Fingerprint Sensor.
• Rear: 13MP+2MP Dual cameras with autofocus.
• LED Flash: Yes
• Camera Features: Geo-tagging, touch focus, face/smile detection, panorama, HDR.
• Video recording: Yes, 1080p.
• Front-facing: 13MP with 1080p video recording.
• Music Support: AAC, AMR, MP2, MP3, M4A, MKA.
• Loudspeaker: Yes.
• Audio Technology: –
• Video Support: MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player.
• FM Radio: –
• Bluetooth: v4.0.
• Bluetooth Profiles: A2DP, LE.
• WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot.
• GPS: Yes, with A-GPS.
• USB: micro-USB v2.0.
• USB OTG: –
• NFC: No.
• 3.5mm audio jack: Yes.
• Battery Capacity: 2730mAh.
• Battery Technology: Li-ion.
• Removable? No.
• Charging: Fast Charge – No.
• Power Management: Nougat’s Battery Saving mode.
Over to you guys, how much would you dole out for this smartphone – the ZTE BLADE V8?